Re: Radeondrm w/RV370 / X300 SE on 7.0_BETA -- working?

>>Though it would be nice if the kernel didn't simply reset the
>>machine when the twa driver is used :)
>>
>>Hmm, I have another machine which runs netbsd-5 which appears to
>>have the same controller type and which works fine:
>>
>>mt# pcictl /dev/pci2 list
>>002:00:0: 3ware 9650-series RAID (RAID mass storage, revision 0x01)
>>mt# pcictl /dev/pci2 list -n
>>002:00:0: 0x100413c1 (0x01040001)
>>mt#
>
> OK, there look to have been some twa(4) driver changes since netbsd-5,
> has the driver probed correctly on the working machine?

On the machine I'm currently testing with: no, not that I can
think of.  I'm a little confused why ahcisata_pci.c's match()
routing returns 3 while twa.c's match() routine returns 1 --
isn't this supposed to be a "priority value" where the highest
one wins?

How does other folks' 3ware controllers probe with twa, then?
Only because ahcisata doesn't match their controllers?

Is there something wonky with my specific controller? (I'm
beginning to suspect so...)

>>I can always make one.  Which branch should I try?  -current or -7?
>
> The locking changes are only for a DRMKMS kernel, maybe look at
> whatever is wrong with twa(4) first.

OK.

> I would pull the RAID controller and check that X11 works with
> the GENERIC kernel that you already have. You could try the
> DRMKMS kernel at this point too.

Will do those things as well when time permits.

Regards,

- Håvard