Re: Radeondrm w/RV370 / X300 SE on 7.0_BETA -- working?

Hi,

I've finally done some more testing, but have not had much luck.

All this testing is done with netbsd-7 code, updated September
16.

I moved the correct Radeon microcode in place and booted the
DRMKMS kernel, and got a kernel trap with the following stack
trace:

ahc_intr_port
ahc_intr
intr_biglock_wrapper
--interrupt--
spllower
radeon_fence_wait
r100_ib_test
radeon_ib_ring_tests
radeon_device_init
radeon_driver_load_kms
drm_dev_register
drm_pci_attach
adeon_attach_real
config_mountroot_thread

One thing which is a little bit unusual about this machine is
that I have a 3Ware 9650 raid controller installed.  At the
moment it is however mis-probed as an ahcisata controller:

ahcisata0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0: vendor 0x13c1 product 0x1004 (rev. 0x01)
ahcisata0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16
ahcisata0: 64-bit DMA
ahcisata0: AHCI revision 52986.1952, 31 ports, 14 slots, CAP 0xcefaadde<EMS,CCCS,PSC,PMD,SPM,SNZO,ISS=0x7,SAL,SALP,SSS,SNCQ,S64A>
atabus0 at ahcisata0 channel 1
atabus1 at ahcisata0 channel 2
atabus2 at ahcisata0 channel 3
atabus3 at ahcisata0 channel 4
atabus21 at ahcisata0 channel 31

I've installed a couple of disks and created a mirrored raid set,
but it's still not probed correctly.  The 3Ware controller should
be probed by the twa driver, but it looks like the ahcisata
driver returns with 3 from it's match routine, so I changed the
twa.c's match routine to return 4.

Unfortunately, this caused the machine to immediately reset
during autoconfig -- no DDB, just a hard reset(!)

The motherboard in question is an ASUS P5K-VM, i.e. it has
integrated Intel graphics.  So I pulled the pci-e Radeon card
(for intended use in another machine) to see if I could have some
better luck with the Intel graphics.  However, no such luck.
During autoconfig it printed

i915drmkms0 at pci0 ... Intel 82965G ...
DRM error in i915_gmc_probe: failed to set up gmch

followed immediately by an uvm_fault.

So ... now I'm back to running the GENERIC kernel, and therefore
unable to run X11.

Hints on how to deal with any of these points are welcome.

Regards,

- Håvard