Re: Radeondrm w/RV370 / X300 SE on 7.0_BETA -- working?

Havard Eidnes wrote:
>> Where's the firmware to be loaded from?
>
>Looks like /usr/lib/data/firmware/radeon/.  Note that file system
>isn't available before /usr is mounted during rc on this system.

You are running GENERIC which contains the old drm driver, the
firmware will be loaded when you start X11 so it doesn't matter that
/usr isn't mounted.

You will need to copy some files to /libdata/firmware/radeon if you
want to try a DRMKMS kernel.

>An additional question would be which firmware file(s) should be
>loaded for my card.  I see files matching RV* but none matching
>RV370*.

Have a look in /var/log/messages, there should be a line similar to:

     info: [drm] Loading xxxxx Microcode

Have you run NetBSD-6 on this system ?