Re: More amd64 drmkms radeon

I just tried a DRMKMS kernel on my laptop, (source updated less than an
hour ago) and compared to several months ago when I tried it last, it
gets a lot further!

I just tried the kernel though, no updated userland (so I have the old X
from 6.1).

I didn't really expect that situation to work, but it rebooted while
trying to start X. I can imagine that this isn't expected to work, but a
reboot was a bit drastic :-) If I disable xdm, the system starts to
multiuser fine.

I'll try if I can get the full -current system to boot and see what
happens then, but would a dmesg or something like that be useful?
The laptop has an Intel 915 variant, a "Mobile IntelM-BM-. GM45 Express
Chipset".

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'