Re: Fw: [ANNOUNCE] libxshmfence 1.0

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 10:06:06AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>  > DRI3 will need xshmfence, which currently only supports Linux Futexes.
>  >
>  > Here's some discussion about this from the xorg-devel mailing list.
>  > Perhaps someone knowledgeable in pthreads can join in?
>  > [...]
>
> This:
>
>  : The existing Linux DRM interfaces queue rendering to the GPU in the
>  : order requests are made to the kernel, so we don't need the ability to
>  : serialize within the GPU, we just need to serialize requests to the kernel.
>
> seems like telephoning your boss to check if you can send him an
> email.

As far as  I knew DRM was more done in Linux Kernel. The Original Developer
was from Europe, and had to face a lot issue after he had developed in Linux,
not software but lot court cases.

> Why not serialize requests *in* the kernel? Or is this just yet
> another DRM architectural deficiency?

How would you ? This is not being followed any where, be it proprietory.

--
-- Sujit K M

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)