Re: Fw: [ANNOUNCE] libxshmfence 1.0

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 10:06:06AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > DRI3 will need xshmfence, which currently only supports Linux Futexes.
 > Here's some discussion about this from the xorg-devel mailing list.
 > Perhaps someone knowledgeable in pthreads can join in?
 > [...]

 : The existing Linux DRM interfaces queue rendering to the GPU in the
 : order requests are made to the kernel, so we don't need the ability to
 : serialize within the GPU, we just need to serialize requests to the kernel.

seems like telephoning your boss to check if you can send him an

Why not serialize requests *in* the kernel? Or is this just yet
another DRM architectural deficiency?

David A. Holland