Re: Fw: [ANNOUNCE] libxshmfence 1.0

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 10:06:06AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > DRI3 will need xshmfence, which currently only supports Linux Futexes.
 >
 > Here's some discussion about this from the xorg-devel mailing list.
 > Perhaps someone knowledgeable in pthreads can join in?
 > [...]

This:

 : The existing Linux DRM interfaces queue rendering to the GPU in the
 : order requests are made to the kernel, so we don't need the ability to
 : serialize within the GPU, we just need to serialize requests to the kernel.

seems like telephoning your boss to check if you can send him an
email.

Why not serialize requests *in* the kernel? Or is this just yet
another DRM architectural deficiency?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost