Re: AIGLX error: i915 does not export required DRI extension

On 10/15/2012 05:14 PM, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:55:41AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 01:00:54 +0200
Grégoire Sutre<gregoire.sutre%gmail.com@localhost>  wrote:
p.s. I had similar messages with my Intel-only drm/gem port [1].
After adding glxdri2 to the build, AIGLX is happier:

Can you expand on this please?  How does one add glxdri2 to the build?

He changed the xorg-server Makefiles on the 3rd in -current to help his
drmgem port.

Yes, and since we already built DRI2 bits, it seemed fine to
add glxdri2 anyway.  Drivers that don't use DRI2 should not be
impacted, except for a line in the X server log, saying:

AIGLX: Screen <number> is not DRI2 capable

It will not help you anything for the NetBSD xsrc tree without the
kernel changes for it. IMHO they are still experimental.

Right, this change only helps X.org drivers that use DRI2.
For intel(4), DRI2 requires UXA (as shown in the log),
and UXA requires a kernel with DRM/GEM (which NetBSD src
does not have).

Grégoire