xf86-driver-ati update?

Hi,

Are there any plans on bringing a more recent version of xf86-video-ati
in pkgsrc? The current version doesn't support my video card (A Radeon
HD5550); newer versions do.

I tried shoe-horning in a newer version myself; 6.14.2 doesn't build (most
likely because its dependencies are outdated as well), but 6.13.2 does, and
"seems to work somewhat". Mode switching is an issue; after closing the X
server the video card isn't properly configured back to text mode.
Furthermore, XVideo isn't working (but I'm not sure 6.13.2 is
even supposed to support it on my chipset), and neither is DRI (not holding
my breath there either). Still, it's a lot better than using xf86-video-vesa,
so I'm not complaining.

However, I haven't tested it on anything but my own (amd64) desktop, so I
don't know whether these issues will also plague people for whom 6.12.4
(which is currently in pkgsrc) works ok.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino%dohd.org@localhost