inconsolata not found

Hi!

I don't know exactly when it started, but a few weeks back my xterm
switched font. I didn't really think about it then, but today I tried
to track it down.

My .Xdefaults has
XTerm*faceName: Inconsolata
and I remember that that worked at one point.

I have pkgsrc/fonts/inconsolata-ttf installed, the package is called
inconsolata (I'll fix that inconsistency) and
/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/Inconsolata.otf exists.
When I run fc-cache -v, I see:
/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts/TTF: skipping, existing cache is valid: 83 fonts, 0 dirs
but "xlsfonts | grep -i consolata" comes up empty.
There is no line for Inconsolata.otf in
/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/fonts.dir. It's not a problem with the
extension, because when I rename make a link for the file to
Inconsolata.ttf, I still get no entries.

Ideas?
 Thomas