xkb compiled directory

Hi,

I'm having problems that openoffice is freezing my system (netbsd-5)
when I start it and try to open the menu.
There are some messages on the xconsole and so I was looking what
is going on and noticed the following symlink in /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     22 Apr  2 20:18 compiled ->
/usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb

Aehm, is that really a good idea to have that compiled directory
in /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb and not somewhere else?
At least it should not be directly in /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb
It should point to its own directory.

For X11R6 compiled was a symlink to /var/db/xkb

For the record this are the xconsole messages:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Duplicate shape name ""
>                   Using last definition
> Warning:          Multiple doodads named ""
>                   Using first definition
> Warning:          Multiple doodads named ""
>                   Using first definition
> Warning:          Multiple doodads named ""
>                   Using first definition
> Warning:          Multiple doodads named ""
>                   Using first definition
> Warning:          Multiple doodads named ""
>                   Using first definition
> Warning:          Multiple doodads named ""
>                   Using first definition
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

And these are the corresponding proceses:

bernd    866  0.0  0.1   2952  1052 ?      I     8:51PM 0:00.00 sh -c
"/usr/X11R7/bin/xkbcomp" -w 1 "-R/usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb" -xkm "-" -em1 "The
XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:" -emp "> " -eml "Errors from
xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server" "/tmp/server-0.xkm"
bernd   1128  0.0  0.1   7060  1620 ?      I     8:51PM 0:00.01
/usr/X11R7/bin/xkbcomp -w 1 -R/usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb -xkm - -em1 The XKEYBOARD
keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports: -emp >  -eml Errors from xkbcomp are not
fatal to the X server /tmp/server-0.xkm

Btw, this is a startx xsession.

Killing the xkbcomp process bought the xserver back into life.

Bernd