Re: Mouse behavior with mga(4) on 5.0.2

On 2010-02-28, "Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:

>> I upgraded an i386 system from NetBSD 4.0.1 to 5.0.2.  The machine
>> contains a Matrox G550 AGP card, and I'm using its DVI output.
>>
>> With XFree86 and its mga(4) driver, the mouse movement was very "choppy"
>> when using the DVI output.  Using the Matrox driver [1] fixed the
>> problem.
>
> Doesn't sound unexpected given the blurb in mga(4):
>
> [That module also provides various other enhancements,
> and may be necessary to use the DVI output on the G550.]

Well yes, but "may be necessary" is not the same as "is required" :-) In
fact the DVI output works fine--it's the mouse that doesn't, and mga(4)
doesn't say anything about that.

Essentially I was wondering whether others have also experienced this
issue since I couldn't find anything about it on the Web.

Best regards

--
Dr.-Ing. Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                   <mxp%dynalabs.de@localhost>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt> (ID 0x1614A044)