xorg on amd64

I'm trying to get an amd64 desktop running, but having some trouble
with X.  With just build.sh process' the reach-over picks-up Xorg,
but there seem to be some loadable modules missing and a few other
issues.  But, I do not know if I'm botching it somehow or if the Xorg
reach-over is just incomplete.  The TODO file seems to indicate that
all the important stuff is complete.

So, is the Xorg reach-over build supposed to produce a functioning X
installation and Xserver for amd64?  tia