Re: Xorg 7.5

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:31:10 +0100
Pierre Allegraud <pallegra%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an ATI Radeon HD 4780 video card (r700), which doesnt work
> great on NetBSD-current and pkgsrc modular-xorg. I have seen on
> FreeBSD mailing-lists that this card can be good enough with recent
> Mesa versions (read: unstable ones...).

I have a Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT which recently (1.6.5 server?)
ceases to work if xorg.conf exists. Even the one produced by
"Xorg -configure" causes the X server to SEGV, leaving the screen
blank. If the server is started without a configuration file it
works.
The perpetual "work in progress" state of X.org sucks. It's fine if
they want to improve 3D support, but I wish they'd pay more attention
to not breaking 2D support and X in general while doing so.

I'm not feeling particularly lucky today, but I'll give your patches
a spin anyway ...

-Tobias