Xorg fonts

Hello folks,

I wasn't familiar with the Xorg font setup, so I started to read up on
it.  I'm a bit confused by /etc/fonts/conf.d in the NetBSD
distribution and I was hoping someone could help me out.

From my reading I figured that /etc/fonts/conf.d should contain
"enabled" configs, but in the default installation it seems to have
conflicting entries.  For example:
 - 70-no-bitmaps.conf and 70-yes-bitmaps.conf
 - 10-no-sub-pixel.conf and 10-sub-pixel-*.conf

My guess is that /etc/fonts/conf.d is populated with all the configs
by default, but that this is not normal.  I think all of the configs
should be in a 'conf.avail' directory or similar, and copied to
/etc/fonts/conf.d as needed.

Have I got the right idea?

Thanks,
Mike.