Re: Update for radeonhd and enabling it and cirrus driver probe issue

Hi Bernd,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 09:03:49PM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> xsrc/external/mit/xf86-video-radeonhd contains the version 1.2.1, but
> xf86-video-radeonhd
> is not enabled in src/external/mit/xorg/server/drivers and so the driver is
> not
> loaded.
>
> I did 'upgrade' it to 1.2.3 and modified the xf86-video-radeonhd Makefile,
> which produced
> a working driver and is much nicer then using the vesa driver.
>
> Can I import the new driver and enable it?

please do!

> I suspect that cirrus_alpine_drv should be named cirrus_alpine
> and cirrus_laguna_drv -> cirrus_laguna because of the following
> lines in xf86-video-cirrus/dist/ChangeLog:

based on the code you've dug up I would have to agree. the only question
i've got is whether or not the alpine and laguna components can run by
themselves or if they need cirrus_drv.  if they can run standalone maybe
the code should find them with _drv in the name for consistency and if
not we should probably install them without the _drv in the name.

> I don't have a PCI cirrus card to do some tests for the cirrus driver.

I would say just fix it so they are found. either by changing the code
to find _drv or the installation name (might be harder). It isn't working
now so you won't be breaking anything that isn't already snapped.

--

Tyler