Re: CVS commit: src/etc/mtree

Quentin Garnier <cube%cubidou.net@localhost> writes:
>> > I still prefer X11R7.
>>
>> Unfortunately, my feelings aren't very strong either.
>>
>> (BTW, if one went with /usr/X11, arguably /usr/X/ would be just as
>> good...)
>
> I think I saw X11R7 before (some SuSE?  Fedora seems to have everything
> in /usr/{bin,lib}), but always coming along with a /usr/X11 symlink.  So
> /usr/X11 it may be.
>
> My main point is:  X11R6 is wrong.

I suppose you've largely convinced me on that, though it would be nice
to leave a symlink behind at least so paths don't break.

Mot of the Linuxes I'm looking at right now seem to put the stuff
straight in /usr with varying patterns of symlinks back (which is what
you noted from Fedora -- Debian and Ubuntu seem to do the same, etc.)

--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost