event time issues seen with openmotif

Thought I would get comments on this mailing list before deciding next step.
I brought up an old program that used motif under qemu sparc(using latest
qemu changes) and could not get a menu to pop up. I found the problem
was with the Xserver GetTimeInMillis function. This function has 8 different
implementations depending on server, and architecture. The one used for
the sparc(os/GetTimeInMillis.c) is the only one that does a delta time.
However the mouse returns absolute time, so when a comparison is done in
dix/events.c ProcGrabPointer, an invalid time error is returned. No
information is available to hardware about Xserver time, so it is impossible
to have hardware return delta time. I changed the function to return
absolute time(like the other 7 implementations e.g hw/xnest/GetTime.c)
and all works fine.
The change to delta time was made some time ago, at cvs version 1.5,
and looks like done by Xfree86. So I have to wonder why this has not
come up before. Xorg does not have the os/GetTimeInMillis.c file.
Should I sendpr this, or discuss on Xfree86 mail list?

--
Cliff Wright <cliff%snipe444.org@localhost>