X problems: xf86cfg causes server shutdown.

I've recently changed my monitor from a flat screen back to a crt. X wouldn't
start on it.
Now, eacg time I run "xf86cfg" or the "XFree86 -xconfig /root/XFree86.conf.new"
-I'm on the Linux partition. so I don't have the exact path right now- it kills
the server. The other problen is that the screen may have "screen :0 not found"
How do I go about either removing all of the X-files and reinstalling, or
correctly adding the monitor and screen values?

Time for vacation? WIN what you need- enter now!
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergiveaway/?ocid=tag_jlyhm