Re: Geforce 7025/nf630a

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Jonathan A. Kollasch
<jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:

> I'd think getting it to build on NetBSD would be somewhat of an
> accomplishment. unless they scrapped the DRI /w TTM requirement.

They are scrapping the TTM code: libdrm 2.3.1 will not contain any
TTM/fencing code,
and libdrm 2.4.0 will be using GEM
(ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/bjs/drm-gem.txt, or see the
drm-gem branch of mesa/drm in the freedesktop.org GIT repository).
It's quite hard for me to track what's going on right now! ;)

However, nouveau will have to deal with this most likely (not sure what they're
going to do yet).  I am hoping to start on porting the Linux code
(from the linux kernel tree, as that's the most stable codebase to
work with IMHO).  Gem should be possible, too (I'm currently
researching how to implement this).

If anyone's interested in working on this with me, please let me know:  I could
use the help!

Regards,

--Blair