vi(1) one line crasher

If one opens this one line script in vi, in an xterm with default size,
using the dollar '$' to go to the end of the line crashes vi(1).

I had frequently problem with the last character in the vi windows, on
the edge of the xterm window not displaying correctly (the previous char
is repeated and what is displayed is not what is in the file).

But this is the first time it crashes---with 100% "reliability", if I
can say so...
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
		v_stack[nval].ival = v_stack[nval-1].ival + v_stack[nval-1].len