Re: Proposal to remove catman(8)

On 11/11/20 12:49 AM, Christian Groessler wrote:

On 11/11/20 12:17 AM, Jaromír Doleček wrote:
Le mar. 10 nov. 2020 à 23:45, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> a écrit :
And, of course, when you're up single-user is, generally, when you're
least able to bring other tools to bear or the like, and when you're
possibly most likely need to know how to use a command you don't use
enough to have memorized.  Fortunately, in this case I wasn't trying to
recover a half-crashed system; nroff | less actually did work.
OK, I see here a suggestion that in the year 2020, installed catpages
save the day as the only way how to get a formatted manpage for
publicly available operating system while in single-user without a
read-write /tmp. And that is the reason to keep the tool in base. For
the record, I find this suggestion really bizzare.

Sorry, I'm struggling with my new version of Thunderbird...

What I wanted to say:

It really looks like arguing just for arguing sake.

To me it looks like removing things one doesn't like/need, which don't need time to be maintained, just for the sake of removing them...
I see a use of them, even if they are locked to 80x25 screen layout.

regards,
chris