Re: Proposal to remove catman(8)

Le mar. 10 nov. 2020 à 23:45, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> a écrit :
> And, of course, when you're up single-user is, generally, when you're
> least able to bring other tools to bear or the like, and when you're
> possibly most likely need to know how to use a command you don't use
> enough to have memorized.  Fortunately, in this case I wasn't trying to
> recover a half-crashed system; nroff | less actually did work.

OK, I see here a suggestion that in the year 2020, installed catpages
save the day as the only way how to get a formatted manpage for
publicly available operating system while in single-user without a
read-write /tmp. And that is the reason to keep the tool in base. For
the record, I find this suggestion really bizzare.

It really looks like arguing just for arguing sake.

Jaromir