Re: Proposal to remove catman(8)

Kamil Rytarowski <kamil%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> I am surprised that the proposal to remove MK${FOO} is read as removal
> of the Makefile conditionals and keep ${FOO} in the base. With that
> bizarre interpretation the whole proposal renders into useless idea.
>
> I would be very surprised to interpret that e.g. proposal to remove
> MKX11 would not mean to remove X11 from the base but to enable it by
> default.

That is a ridiculous strawman and not the same thing at all.  MKX11
means to build X11.  MKCATPAGES means to have the step of generating
catpages at OS release time.  We don't have a switch to say "don't build
the tools that could make catpages".   I thought it was obvious that
your proposal was just "remove the build.sh/Makefile glue that generates
catpages at release time, and setlist contents that expects them",
nothing more.