Re: Proposal to remove catman(8)

On Nov 10,  1:13, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
} On 10.11.2020 01:05, Paul Goyette wrote:
} > On Tue, 10 Nov 2020, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
} >
} > <snip>
} >>
} >> It's not a selling point to any regular user, born after A.D. 2000 to
} >> optimize reading man pages.
} >
} > Whoa there.=C2=A0 Don't put down us older folks.=C2=A0 And why would you want
} > to characterize "regular user" as being "not yet two decades old" ?
}
} Please relax. I'm older too. The point is with the target audience, e.g.
} our GSoC students (who born around A.D. 2000) might not be attracted by
} retro-computing, by things that passed away before their date of birth.

     Overhauling the system to make it attractive to GSOC students
is bizarre to say the least.  That is a tiny audience and specifically
catering to it at the expense of the main audience is not wise.

}-- End of excerpt from Kamil Rytarowski