Re: catman (Was: CVS commit: src/games/fortune/datfiles)

On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 01:05:02 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 12:46:42AM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> > Also, come to think of it... Removing catman (i.e. user's ability to
> > generate cat pages) is rather different from removing MKCATPAGES,
> > what's going on here?
>
> I asked kamil about something else on this topic and he mentioned
> catman.  On reading the man pages I didn't really see a reason for it
> to stay if we remove the cat pages completely.
>
> Do you see it differently? If yes, why?

Hold your horses!  This started with MKCATPAGES which is ability to
pre-generate cat pages as part of the build.

Now it's suddenly about eliminatiing support for cat pages entirely?!

Like, do you plan to remove support for cat pages from man(1) as well?

-uwe