Re: Add curses_version() in curses(3)

On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 03:32:36PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:

> I'm for a static string like "NetBSD Curses"/"NetBSD-Curses" or even
> "NetBSD" (comparable to "SVR4" in SVR4 Curses"), but Roy insisted on a
> numerical version.

I haven't read down thread yet but Roy has just implemented something
that sort of matches the ncurses version which returns the name, a major
version and some date string.

> netbsd-curses a downstream fork uses its own versioning model and we do
> not need to bother with any numbers locally.

Sadly, matching the somewhat egregious behaviours of ncurses does
result in fewer PRs of the ilk "it works this way in ncurses..."

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",