Re: colorls in base

On 16/02/2019 03:11, John Nemeth wrote:
I often get difficult to read paint factory
explosions and basic things like "ifconfig" have disappeared (every
freaking unix-like system I've touched in the last 30 years has
had "ifconfig", but now a few NIHs are trying to make it go away).

One of my last acts at Gentoo was to rebell against ifconfig being removed from the base system.

I did start to write a replacement, but then Joerg lured me here and the rest is history.

The biggest fail is that Linux ifconfig only reports 1 INET address per interface and all the upstreasms I talked to had no interest in improving this. `Use iproute2` they said. Fine and dandy, but that didn't explain their role with ifconfig other than to spout new world rhetoric.