Re: Pressure sensors

On Jan 2,  6:38pm, David Holland wrote:
} On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 12:03:31PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
}  > > my sensor does fill ->value_cur with mPa, so pressure does fit into the
}  > > "everything else"-else{} with ->cur_value / 1000000.0 for printout in kPa.
}  >
}  > Until very recently I had never seen pressure in kPa.  For atmospheric
}  > pressure, the standard unit seems to be hPa.  I realize that's a
}  > less-normal SI prefix, but it happens to match mbar.  But, I am seeing
}  > kPa more tha last 6 months.
}
} Environment Canada was reporting pressure in kPa when I was a kid. Did
} they stop?
}
}  > So, I wonder why you are choosing kPa vs hPa, and if that choice ends
}  > up being a framework choice for everything.  And how the rest of the
}  > world deals with this issue.
}
} Most of the world uses millibars and occasionally labels them hPa.
} Since judging by the patch the framework isn't up to handling both,
} the best course is probably to use and label as millibars and just
} duck the occasional brickbat from metrication nuts.

     I'm pretty sure that millibars and hPa is metric as well.

}-- End of excerpt from David Holland