Re: Pressure sensors

On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 12:03:31PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > > my sensor does fill ->value_cur with mPa, so pressure does fit into the
 > > "everything else"-else{} with ->cur_value / 1000000.0 for printout in kPa.
 >
 > Until very recently I had never seen pressure in kPa.  For atmospheric
 > pressure, the standard unit seems to be hPa.  I realize that's a
 > less-normal SI prefix, but it happens to match mbar.  But, I am seeing
 > kPa more tha last 6 months.

Environment Canada was reporting pressure in kPa when I was a kid. Did
they stop?

 > So, I wonder why you are choosing kPa vs hPa, and if that choice ends
 > up being a framework choice for everything.  And how the rest of the
 > world deals with this issue.

Most of the world uses millibars and occasionally labels them hPa.
Since judging by the patch the framework isn't up to handling both,
the best course is probably to use and label as millibars and just
duck the occasional brickbat from metrication nuts.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost