Re: Moving telnet/telnetd from base to pkgsrc

On Tue 18 Dec 2018 at 09:02:45 -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Apple removed it from OS X and it's a big pain in the ass.  I'd suggest
> fix it (going at it with a big torch if necessary to remove likely dead
> and likely dangerous code -- many/most of the options, even things like
> linemode) and keep it.

Isn't linemode used by default when not connecting to a port with telnet
negotiation? That's how you can edit your line when you mistype GET /
HTTP/1.0. Or maybe that is the "old line by line" mode that telnet(1)
speaks of. Or these could be the same thing (telnet> mode ?  suggests
that)

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond