Re: Updating old scripts ... #1 /usr/sbin/ypinit

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 09:11:11AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
 >   | I would be inclined to delete ypinit as well, but that's a different
 >   | discussion.
 >
 > Yes, it is.  I would extende it from "delete ypinit" to "delete yp"
 > (aka nis) but that's an even bigger discussion...

For the moment I don't think our story for 3rd-party-tree nss plugins
is good enough for that, but when/if we ever manage the libc bump
fixing *that* is high on my list, and at that point it should
definitely at least be kicked out of libc.

(and from that point moving it to pkgsrc is fairly straightforward)

But I doubt anyone is putting in any *new* yp installs these days.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost