Re: Updating old scripts ... #1 /usr/sbin/ypinit

    Date:        Sat, 22 Sep 2018 10:06:24 +0200
    From:        Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost>

  | It looks like you are looking for a script that reads and understands the
  | documentation (which is wrong wrt. the current implementation) and would
  | get confused if you change the documentation to match actual behaviour?

OK, it was a bit of a bizarre question I suppose....   The way I asked it
anyway.

Let's try again, regardless of whether anything is (attempting to) use the
script the way the doc says can be done (which doesn't work, and so most
likely nothing is doing it), should we make the implementation match the
documentation (whjich means a non-standard option mechanism, that
can't be parsed trivially by getopt or getopts) or should we just change
the doc to match the current behaviour of the script?

kre