Re: curses: create panel from stdscr?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 01:04:31AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> Even if we become bug compatible, we should keep a mode (via environment
> or program setting) that warns when we are asked to do something
> unspecified or different than the standard, or even behaves the way the
> standard mandates.

In theory this would be a good strategy but, unfortunately, we are
talking about a library that is layered over the top of curses.  There
really is no sane way of printing something to the screen that will not
either be invisible or mess up the layout of the terminal.  We could add
it as a debug but even that is unlikely to be seen.

--
Brett Lymn
Let go, or be dragged - Zen proverb.