Re: GNU shellery

    Date:        Sun, 1 Oct 2017 11:53:05 -0400
    From:        Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>

  | It's low risk (unlike, say, modifying the parser in the shell ;-)),

Nah - that's easy, no risk at all!

  | And, frankly, I like the name ("tac")

So do I, I used to have a tac command, and I miss it.

coypu - your latest diff still had optind used incorrectly, thoe two optind
lines should be inside the "if we are tail" { statement-list } after the
getopt while loop.  The tac case isn't using getopt, and so shouldn't be
using optind either.

And I'd code it as "if we are [not]? tac" rather that "if we are tail" (ie:
strcmp(..., "tac") rather than tail, just in case someone has tail
linked to some other name ("lastlines" ??) we don't want to break that
by turning that into tac rather than tail.

kre