Re: Future shell work - comments reqyuested

    Date:        Thu, 13 Jul 2017 01:55:04 +0200
    From:        Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen%sdaoden.eu@localhost>

  | I think the standard says IN and ERR rather than IN and OUT for
  | this condition?!

It does, but we implement the latter (always have I think) - not sure
whether that should be changed or not, or what the effects might be.

  | fact it seems i never understood why this should be in and err,

They are the fd's that the shell (as distinct from utilities that it
runs, including built in ones) actually read from and write to.

  | i think i thought use cases like "< template prog" to start into
  | interactive mode should be valid.

That wouldn't just start, it would start and finish.   When the shell
reads eof on its input file (stdin in a case like this) it exits.

But perhaps I am misunderstanding what you meant?

It is possible to do

	sh -sic '. template'

to start an interactive shell after reading a template file (the -i works
there because -s is also specified.)

kre