Re: Shipping SSL certificates in the base system

On 07/04/17 19:58, Alistair Crooks wrote:
[---]
> I think we're all aware of the nature of trust wrt these certs. So
> quite why everyone is shouting "THESE CERTS MIGHT BECOME STALE OR
> UNTRUSTED, SO IT IS FAR BETTER TO CONTINUE TO TRUST EVERYTHING" is a
> bit beyond me.
[---]

   You can't claim that "we're all aware of the nature of trust" and
then completely misrepresent the issue like that.  *No one* is
advocating "trust everything", that's just something someone made up and
it's beyond me how anyone could believe *that's* what we're saying.

   Anywho, when people start assigning obviously incorrect beliefs to
you in a discussion you know it'll just get uglier, so I'm out.

[---]
> But they are better than nothing. Deal.

   I literally have zero power to affect any decisions, so I have no
other option than to "Deal".  :)

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson