Re: Xlocale for NetBSD

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 05:45:14PM -0700, Konrad Schroder wrote:
>  * Per-thread locale settings

This is *not* an advantage. Please read the archives for a longer
discussion. Per-thread locales are just insane and ridiculously
expensive for no good reason.

>  * Working LC_COLLATE settings

This can be isolated, doesn't need to switch everything.

>  * Use localedef(1) instead of mklocale(1), which allows...
>  * Take locale definitions directly from CLDR

Frankly, I don't consider localedef an improvement over mklocale. The
format is horrible, the design flawed.

Joerg