Re: curses: Visible cursor not set with wmove

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 05:54:30PM +0200, Carsten Kunze wrote:

> in an application I use two non-overlapping windows which fill the whole screen.  Normally I hide the cursor (curs_set(0)), but for inputs I set curs_set(1).  But the cursor does stay in stdscr position 0,0.  If I use move() instead of wmove(), the cursor is positioned correctly.  Also wmove() does work with ncurses correctly.

Can you provide source code for a small program that demonstrates the
issue?

> I use an old NetBSD-"current" from Feb 28, maybe this is fixed now.  Anyway--is this a known bug for NetBSD curses?

It may be a bug or it may be correct behaviour - we need to check the
specifications.  The fact that it behaves differently in ncurses is not
necessarily an indication we have a bug - the ncurses implementation may
be bugged :)

--
Brett Lymn