Re: Making syslog output pretty and smaller binaries

On 2016-10-06 18:25, Timo Buhrmester wrote:
   LOG_POUT  - output only the formattted message to stdout
               if pri > LOG_ERR, otherwise stderr
Writing diagnostics to stdout sounds very wrong, I wouldn't want
any program to do that.  What for?

Well, some programs write informative output to stdout.
A good example would be the address a DHCP client has acquired.
While we may want each part of the DHCP setup to goto stdout, do we want all of it to? We do want it logged for sure.

Roy