Re: Teaching Apropos to Rank

Hi David,

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Very cool - definitely looking forward to seeing the final result back
> into apropos(1) :)

Thanks :)

> As a possible future option are you planning on special handling of
> multiple word searches - eg heavier weighting for the words coming
> consecutively in the data?

Yes, that is an option built into Sqlite, where we can specify the
maximum proximity between the query terms. We are not using it at the
moment but it is an option worth evaluating and comparing the results
:)

Sqlite also tells the length of the longest matching string in the
document with the query, which could be used as a metric for ranking,
need to try that out too.

--
Abhinav