Re: refine of the GSOC project

    Date:        Sun, 8 May 2016 12:14:57 -0700
    From:        Charles Cui <charles.cui1984%gmail.com@localhost>

  | One more thing, I still need to install kernel and userland together,
  | then reboot.
  | If I installed kernel and reboot and install userland, it will
  | promotes me the errors that I send you earlier, but I already compiled
  | the tools at first.

  | ./maketars: /usr/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-7.99.29-i386/bin/nbpax: not found

Is it possible that your /usr/obj is a mounted filesystem on a tmpfs
or mfs (or similar) and no longer exists after the reboot?

If so, you will want to make the sets first, and copy them somewhere
stable before you reboot (and in any case, doing that might be worthwhile).

Just tell build.sh to build "sets" - and make sure they get built to
a directory (or copied to one) which will exist, and you can easily
find after you have rebooted with a new kernel.   You can set the directory
into which the "release" gets installed (which includes the sets in a
sub-directory) with the -R option to build.sh

While you are working this out, you can continue with installing both
kernel and userland together, then rebooting - for a while - eventually
something will change something that requires the new kernel to be running
for userland to work correctly - when that happens you will get problems
that could be so bad that you have to start again from nothing if you have
not switched to the "boot new kernel, then install userland" paradigm
by then.    But as long as system updates are of the more benign type,
the new user progs will probably run  fine with a (slightly) older
kernel installed.   Note: knowing which system update will break that
requires lots of experience, so don't start relying upon it.

kre