Re: inetd improvements [gsoc16]

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016, Morgan ``Indrora'' Gangwere wrote:

> Currently, I know of no services that are easily deployed on inetd
> except bozohttpd and potentially BIND.

BIND would not be easy nor really useful via inetd.

Some other common services that are easily deployed:
tftp
pop3
ftpd

Other services used via inetd are cvspserver / anoncvssh, rsyncd,
ntalkd, qotd/fortune, and fingerd for fun.

(I have used it for many things, such as sshd -i, ftp-proxy, even
streaming real-time audio.)