Aw: Re: S_IFMT not mentioned in any man page

Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen%sdaoden.eu@localhost> wrote:
> Despite being explicitly mentioned for preprocessor testability
> current POSIX says (p. 394, l. 13259 ff.)
>
>   FUTURE DIRECTIONS
>     No new S_IFMT symbolic names for the file type values of
>     mode_t will be defined by POSIX.1-2008; if new file types are
>     required, they will only be testable through S_ISxx( ) or
>     S_TYPEISxxx( ) macros instead.

I don't really understand what you want to say.  Of course S_IFMT is defined in POSIX.  And of course I can assume (but only assume) that it is implemented in NetBSD.  But is it specified?  (I.e. there may be POSIX properties which are not supported by NetBSD.)

Carsten