Re: hangup in close(2) after posix_openpt(3)

David Holland wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 02:08:48AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>  > The following test program posted on Japanese ruby-dev mailing list in 2015
>  >  http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-dev/41993
>  > still causes hangup on NetBSD/i386 7.0:
>  > [snip]
>
> That seems like a bug of sorts, but I think it's a symptom of PR
> 17171; the problem is not closing the slave per se but that there's
> unread data on the master end. See that PR for a more comprehensive
> explanation (and arguably clearer test case) that I posted some time
> back.

There's also PR 12534 for the case where the terminal is a tty rather
than a pty.  I have already committed a fix to -current which will let
the process exit after a five second timeout.  Maybe I should request
a pullup to -7?

Clearly, I also need to update the PRs...
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost