Re: hangup in close(2) after posix_openpt(3)

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 02:08:48AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
 > The following test program posted on Japanese ruby-dev mailing list in 2015
 >  http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-dev/41993
 > still causes hangup on NetBSD/i386 7.0:
 > [snip]

That seems like a bug of sorts, but I think it's a symptom of PR
17171; the problem is not closing the slave per se but that there's
unread data on the master end. See that PR for a more comprehensive
explanation (and arguably clearer test case) that I posted some time
back.

it would be good to fix it but given that the tty code's a maze I
think the prospects for an easy fix aren't that good.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost