Re: pwait(1) added

christos%zoulas.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) writes:

> It is a tool from FreeBSD that lets you wait for a set of abtrary pids
> to exit. Do you think this tool is useful or should I remove it? Joerg
> asked for a timeout feature. Is that something that should be added?
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?pwait

I don't really have a strong opinion, but what's the rationale for
adding to base vs just using it from pkgsrc?  In general it seems we try
to keep base lean but also self-contained.  So is it "not having this in
base will cause this other awkwardness" or "all other system have this
and it's causing portability issues with various programs that epxect
it", or ?

All that said, if this is someting nearly ubiquitous and small, it
doesn't seem terrible to add it.  But it's a slippery slope towards
putting perl in base :-)