Re: NetBSD volunteering (WiFi browser, NPF Web UI)

"Andrei M." <lingvofactory%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

Welcome - contributions are always appreciated.

> 1. WiFi browser
> Create an easy to use wifi setup widget for NetBSD: browse and select
> networks in the vicinity by SSID, BSSID, channel, etc.
> http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/wifi-tool/

I would recommend that you look into the GUI configurators for dhcpcd,
to avoid duplication.  What I would like to see is something really
simple (command line) in base that will list access points nearby, and
let you choose and type in a password, and make it work with
wpa_supplicant (and join next time).  Basically the tell-once-remember
behavior often found in guis, but CLI and simple enough to be in the
base system.  Right now I find I have to edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.