Re: mount_vnd ? patch included

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 09:51:53AM +0100, Emile `iMil' Heitor wrote:
 > At ${DAYJOB} we commonly use raw disk images in order to speed up
 > accesses on NFS large volumes. Under linux, this is achieved by
 > mounting the image as a loopback device and can be done directly at
 > boot time using the fstab(5):

This was something I prodded them into supporting years and years ago,
IIRC :-)

Including vnd instances in fstab like this is a fine idea but ISTM
that it would be tidier in the long run to make it a mount option like
it is in Linux. I might even put the logic for it in the kernel. Of
course that's a lot more effort.

Either way though, don't forget handling unmount as well. :-|

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost