Re: Lua in-kernel (lbuf library)

>> [...0-origin vs 1-origin arrays...]
> It is hard to tell what is the least astonishing here.

Well, least astonishing to whom, is really the question, it seems to
me.  Certainly I, as a C coder with no Lua experience, would find
0-origin arrays less astonishing.  Someone with the converse experience
would presumably have the opposite reaction.

> You propose Lua as a language embedded into C rather than separate
> one.  I'd say that Lua designers made wrong decision here.

Only if you think of Lua as being designed for embedding in C.  It's
just as coherent to think of the mistake as being trying to wed a
language with 1-origin arrays with a language with 0-origin arrays.

\ / Ribbon Campaign