Re: /etc/rc.d/ as a bunch of symlinks

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 10:34:54AM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I think we should move the existing rc.d scripts to somewhere else and
> then use symlinks to manage rc.d/

For me it was always strange that the rc.d scripts are considered
configuration files. As such I would prefer to move them to
/libexec/rc.d or whatever and just have symlinks in /etc/rc.d. That
would cover the various cases of local modifications -- just make sure
that the symlink is replaced with your own file.

Joerg